In Albany, Georgia, the Flint RiverQuarium is a big deal! This nonprofit educates our town’s residents about science—and the big matter of conservation—in a fun, accessible way. It’s an investment in our future, and it also brings a ton of fun to the present too.
The Flint RiverQuarium focuses on science, education, conservation, and even construction. When you explore, you’ll encounter exhibits and features like:
- A movie theater, which shows cool, informative films;
- Event packages, like Sleep with the Fishes Sleepovers and birthdays;
- Discovery Caverns, where you can play fun, science-based games;
- Critters like turtles, alligators, fish and more in the 175,000-gallon Blue Hole Spring exhibit;
- The hatchery;
- Spring Run Creek, which features alligators;
- Flint River Gallery, which shows off tanks full of river life, as well as saltwater creatures; and
- A whole lot more.
Ready to visit Flint Riverquarium? It’s closed on Mondays, but attendees can visit Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m.
As for tickets, prices vary. Adults get in for $9, seniors for $8, children aged 4 to 12 for $6.50, and college students for $5.50. Children 3 and under get in for free. If applicable, military discounts will reduce each ticket by $1. Additionally, movie theater tickets are not included in pricing, and will cost a flat rate of $5 per person.
The Flint RiverQuarium can be found in Albany, Georgia, at 101 Pine Avenue. Have fun!
The Flint RiverQuarium has been teaching visitors about the environment for 25 years now. If you’ve never visited—or you’d love to return to an old favorite—we hope you have a wonderful time!
The Flint RiverQuarium isn’t the only awesome place in Albany. In fact, it’s one of many! Another great location? Summer Lane Apartment Homes! Learn more about our units and amenities by visiting our website. Plus, keep up with interesting local events, places, and more by following our blog.